Please, no recruiters.
This position requires both a passion for delivering well thought out scalable back-end solutions, solid knowledge of TDD / BDD, and a passion for complex and interesting problem solving. The ideal Genome developer is always experimenting, building, learning, and communicating the results to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in professional website development.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Desire to contribute your amazing ideas on how to make things better for your projects and coworkers.
- Ability to explain the technical trade-offs of different approaches, including estimating how long each will take to build
- Someone who understands not only how to write, and maintain well thought out code, but understands the fundamental business problems being solved by what is being created.
- Passion for clean, usable sites and interfaces built on semantic, reusable code.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and prioritize work accordingly to meet deadlines.
- Expertise in Ruby (Rails), Python, NodeJS
- Expertise in multiple database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQLite)
- Experience with API design
- Knowledge of MVC architectures
- Knowledge of Git and best practices for merging, branching, and pull requests
- Experience with highly scalable/high traffic solutions
- Experience working with front end developers to integrate server- and client-side components
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to write clear documentation for other developers, as well as higher-level business rules documentation for project stakeholders
- Experience with TDD & BDD
- Enthusiasm for innovation in technology, including continuous learning and improvement
- Ability to work with developers of all skill levels, including mentoring junior developers
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Experience working within Agile development environments
Bonus Points For:
- Digital agency or startup experience
- Experience with devops and server management (AWS)
- Experience with Magento and Wordpress
- Familiarity with IoT frameworks/platforms
- Experience with integrating hardware components into an application (e.g. Raspberry Pi beacons, bluetooth technologies)
The Junior Digital Designer works with our art director, project management, and the development team to create and implement world-class creative for our customers. This role supports the design team on web design, mobile-app design, user experience design, brand identity design, presentation design, emails and new business creative support. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and the ability to work quickly on multiple projects and communicate effectively with Art Director to push projects through routing.
- Experience with web and mobile app design
- Strong typography, layout and user experience skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle short timelines
- Work closely with project managers and art director to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements and timelines for each project
- Create and update presentation designs and templates
- Ability to prioritize daily workload and manage time. Ensure work is completed on time.
- Complete projects both independently or in partnership with other designers.
- Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
- Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow then we look forward to meeting you.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Graphic Design Degree
- 1-2 years experience designing for web
- Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
- HTML/CSS experience a plus
- Keynote experience a plus
- Basic understanding of user experience and user interface
- Cooperative and detail-oriented
- Must be highly organized, including clear external and internal file management
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This position requires both a passion for delivering optimized, intuitive interfaces to users and a strong knowledge of technical aspects of web interface engineering. The ideal Genome developer is always experimenting, building, learning, and communicating the results to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Write maintainable, scalable, reliable, and secure code.
- Improve code quality through peer reviews and proactive adoption of new processes and tools.
- Must be comfortable with both a “clean slate” and an existing code structure
- Create clear and concise documentation for all development tasks.
- Test, integrate, write, troubleshoot, and debug software applications. Provide production and non-production application & platform support as needed.
- Keep up on the latest advances in mobile and integration offerings, technologies, and best practices. Distribute knowledge aggressively within the organization.
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Collaborate with team, working with others to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Leverage feedback to continually improve new and current applications. Collaborate with team to create solutions that leverage the latest web and mobile technologies.
- A passion for enhancing the lives of web users through mobile/web applications.
- A curiosity and excitement for new technologies / techniques.
- Mobile application development experience, including but not limited to iOS Native SDK, Android SDK, and hybrid PhoneGap / Cordova. SOA integration experience is required.
- Experience contributing to delivery of a polished, tested product successfully to the public app store.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including object oriented design, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Experience with source control (Git).
- Excellent time management, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.
- Experience with automation, continuous integration, unit test, change management and configuration management, and code reviews.
A plus for:
- Experience / familiarity with integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook Open Graph, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, Open Social, etc…).
- Experience with server-side scripting (PHP, .Net, Java, etc…).
- Agency experience working with visual & UX designers
- Experience working within MVC frameworks
This position requires both a passion for delivering optimized, intuitive interfaces to users and a strong knowledge of technical aspects of web interface engineering. Our front end developers aren’t mindlessly turning mock-ups into websites: they’re designing maintainable, mobile-first front-end architectures, integrating with third-party systems and technologies, and making sure that all code meets industry standards for both markup and accessibility. The ideal Genome developer is always experimenting, building, learning, and communicating the results to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
Writing front end markup, styles, and client-side scripts using a combination of existing frameworks and custom code built for clients’ specific needs
Must be comfortable with both a “clean slate” and an existing code structure
Troubleshooting cross-browser layout and functionality issues
Designing the technical structure and implementing creative for responsive web pages, emails, and web-based mobile experiences
Integrating code with third-party technologies (client web services, content management systems, etc)
Optimizing performance of front-end applications
A passion for enhancing the lives of web users through mobile/web applications.
A curiosity and excitement for new web technologies / techniques.
Familiarity with semantic markup specifications and standard accessibility guidelines (WCAG).
Practical understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
Experience with mobile-first, responsive web development.
Solid understanding of cross-browser/device issues and code solutions.
Experience using JS Frameworks (jQuery, Node, Angular, etc…).
Knowledge of with front-end performance optimization technologies.
Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
Experience with source control (Git).
Excellent time management, teamwork, and communication skills.
Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.
A plus for:
Experience / familiarity with integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook Open Graph, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, Open Social, etc…).
Experience with mobile app development
Experience with server-side scripting (PHP, .Net, Java, etc…).
Agency experience working with visual & UX designers
Experience working within MVC frameworks
Experience building third-party plug-ins for a JS framework (jQuery, Mootools, etc…)
Our team is made up of a unique blend of strategists, engineers, designers, and developers, who through collaboration, challenge each other to find elegant solutions and build great technology.
Want to be a part of that team? Fill out the below form and tell us a bit about yourself.